What a week!!!

So, everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Seriously, don't move when you have a tight time frame and make sure that your internet company can service you at your new house!

It was supposed to be a smooth transition, I take care of the orders while Clint is away and everything would be great right? Well, change of address and UPS can't find us with all our inventory and customers waiting for it. Add on the fact that I didn't have internet the whole weekend because our internet company couldn't service our house, who ever heard of that? Must be a smaller town thing, but I didn't think I lived in that small of town. It seriously took me three days of begging to finally get someone to come and install internet, now I am up at the craziest time because I spent all night getting 40 packages ready for our customers. I am exhausted and I am not done yet!

Oh, and the A/C doesn't work upstairs, it's not that fun in a hot place, good thing it's starting to cool down at night or I just might go crazy!
Clint left Monday for Romania, my mom came down to help out and I am so grateful she did because I couldn't have gone through this week without her.

What else - oh, I didn't know my daughter had a short day at school on Monday, so the teacher called me to tell me she was waiting in the office - I felt horrible. Then the next day was my daughters first picture day and I didn't send money with her, so another phone call from school. They must think I am a huge spaz!
I guess I could go on and on about what's going wrong, but Clint wrote me today about his trip so far and he helped me remember that I have soooooooooo much and that I really shouldn't sweat the small things because I am so blessed.

Here's what he wrote:

Well, today was a long day. We slept in until 9:30 or so since we hadn't slept for so long, then we went down to breakfast, met the car rental guy, showered, then quickly met Gica down in the lobby. We loaded the bags with all the quilts, then drove straight to a large supermarket where we purchased hundreds of dollars worth of school supplies like backpacks, notebooks, paper, pens, pencils, markers, rulers and other stuff. We also bought hundreds of dollars worth of food like cheese, salami, oil, potatoes, bread, juice, milk and a few other things. We then went to lunch, then to Gica's office where we sorted everything into dozens of bags to give to each individual group or family. We loaded everything into his van, then started off on our deliveries. We first visited a group of people living out by the canal, living in large metal tubes used to bury water underground. They had cardboard laid out in each one for beds. We gave them some food and quilts which they were very grateful for, then went off and visited about 10 families in their humble homes to deliver each one a bag of food, and quilts for all the children. Each family was living in a home no bigger than our guest room. It put a lump in my throat in one house as we visited the mom and her children. She took care of 6 kids, all of which slept on the floor. I watched as one girl Lili's age walked around seemingly looking for something to do. She only had one tiny area to walk since there was a bed on one side and a couch on the other. In the back there was a tiny stove and fridge which fit in a 4 x 4 foot area. The other side of the back area was the bathroom. They had their kitchen, bathroom and bedroom as their entire house in a small 12 x 12 foot room. Each family we visited was this way, and it broke my heart thinking how spoiled our kids are. I hope they realize some day how blessed we all are, and how lucky they are to have so much room to run around in the house, to have a large yard with grass, and to have plenty of food. Please let them know how lucky they are. I was choked up as I talked to my dad about it. It's just not fair that some people are born in certain situations. Anyway, we visited each family, gave them food and quilts, and finally finished around 9:30 pm.

It made me cry when I thought about the situations that people are in and I am going to try harder to make a difference and also to remember how blessed I am. Thanks again to everyone who donated to our charity - money or quilts - it means a lot. We will have a video as soon as we can when Clint gets home.
September 16, 2010 by Judi
Older Post / Newer Post

Leave a comment