So, I drew out this design several months ago, using some graph paper, (which is how I start all of my designs) and some colored pencils. I have waited so long to put this quilt together, knowing it would be difficult and I finally made the time this week.
I don't know how I feel about a three color design and how plain it looks now, but I am planning on making the quilt stand out with the quilting. I can't wait because this will be my very own quilt! (And if I like it enough I just might enter it into some shows).
So, here it is, it's not perfect at all! I will have some "quilting that out" parts that I hope won't be noticed. After working for an hour and a half on one mitered corner I finally gave in and said "that will have to do!" But, overall I love it and proud that I was able to put it together. I had to start with the center block and build out, since I didn't have the measurements. I used all six yards of the cream fabric and four yards of the green, I lost count on the purple. There were a lot of unpicking and redoing, but I am glad to say that it is finally done. Now to the quilting next week, now that's going to take a long time!